Monday, March 28, 2011
2. the most common name in the world is Mohammed.
3. The name of all the continents ends with the same letter that they
4. The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.
5. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters Only on one row! Of the keyboard.
6. You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.
7. Both Humans and Giraffee have the same number of bones in the neck
8. People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze,Your Heart stops for a millisecond.
9. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
10. The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
11. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
12. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from
Spades - King David
Clubs - Alexander the Great,
Hearts - Charlemagne
Diamonds - Julius Caesar.
13. If you are right handed, you will tend to chew your food on your right side. If you are left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side
14. If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. For when a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.
15. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
16. Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.
17. The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear.
18. Men's shirts have the buttons on the right, but women's shirts have the buttons on the left.
19. The owl is the only bird to drop its upper eyelid to wink. All other birds raise their lower eyelids.
20. The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it's already been digested by a bee.
21. Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die.
22. The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It takes in oxygen directly from the air.
23. In most watch advertisements the time displayed on the watch is 10:10 because then the arms frame the brand of the watch (and make it look like it is smiling).
24. If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural cause.
25. Women blink nearly twice as much as men
Posted by Madhulika at 9:34 AM